Will Hollister: Boys October Athlete of the Month

WHS varsity water polo star Will Hollister ‘19 is Boys October Athlete of the Month after an outstanding month that ended in the team’s 3rd place finish in Marmonte League.

Being a senior on the team, Hollister has acted as a leader throughout the season, mentoring younger players and sparking teamwork through his communication. His consistent approach to trying to play as a unit has built chemistry and has made everyone improve.

“I try to be a good leader and help my team,” said Hollister. “This season I really tried to improve myself and contribute to others’ success.”

With a young team this season, the Warriors were able to succeed through good communication and an executable gameplan.

“We didn’t have a star player this year”, said Charlie Clark ‘19. “We won through playing as a cohesive unit and Will was a big part of that.”

The young group had little expectations heading into the season but ended up outperforming themselves, finishing with a CIF berth and many Marmonte wins.

“We had a lot of young players heading into the season,” said Hollister. “I was unsure how it was going to be but it turned out to be pretty fun and the team bonded a lot.”

Hollister, a co-captain, has been a four year varsity player and boasts a decorated career at WHS.

“Whenever we were down in a game it would always be Will that would bring us back,” said fellow co-captain Jack Sweet ‘18. “His talks and presence were really important to our team.”