Battle of the Tunes: Apple Music vs Spotify

The controversy between Spotify and Apple Music has gone on for too long and needs to be brought to an end. Apple Music and Spotify are two very similar but different music streaming services that let you listen to almost any song you want.

Personally, I think Apple Music is a better music streaming service for numerous reasons. Although the two music streaming sites are alike when it comes down to the music, I believe there is a huge difference.

The price of Spotify for their Premium account is $12.99 a month and is discounted for students to $5 with a valid college email and ID. The “student discount” includes only college students. Apple Music also has a student discount, for $5, and the same price for the standard account with a price as Spotify does of $10.

Both of these music streaming platforms come with no ad interactions between songs. They also come with a free trial. However, Apple Music’s free trial is 3 months, Spotify’s is only 30 days.

Spotify and Apple Music both have a diverse variety of songs to choose from, but Apple Music has 10 millions more. While Spotify with 35 million and Apple Music with 45 million.

When it comes to sharing music with friends and other music lovers, Apple Music wins. Like Spotify, all of the listeners have an account. You can follow friends and see what music and albums they recently added. Spotify also has this, but it isn’t public to everyone unless changed in settings.

Apple Music is way easier to navigate and is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The layout is more accessible and comes with many new playlists each day, along with radio stations that have music of your taste as well as podcasts.

Most artists also prefer Apple Music when they first come out with songs as a way to share their songs to the public.                                                         

“Many popular musicians seem to be more active in posting updates on Apple Music and it’s easier to find that content than it is on Spotify,” said a writer for www.cnet.com.

The music selection between the two is almost the same but Apple Music still wins. Apple Music not only has more songs but it comes with more music videos and TV series, podcasts and radio stations.